July 5, 2013

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky, #1
Source: Traded for
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: February 7, 2012
WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.
They called the world beyond the walls of the Pod "the Death Shop."

The beginning of this one didn't really grab me-- at first I was a bit confused about what was going on, and what exactly it all meant. But as it started to come together, I realized that this is some kind of a mix between futuristic and dystopian, and that it's awesome.

I liked Aria. She can be a bit condescending at times, but she has her heart in the right place. She's also fearless and wicked and one of those characters that I just want to be. I didn't find myself arguing with her decisions or her actions, and I liked getting in her head.

Then we have Perry, who's equally awesome; but he's more steady...and I don't know, he just kind of seems like a rock type of guy? He's loyal and I loved how he explained the customs of his tribe. He's a bit rough around the edges, and he can't *GASP* read, but I loved him anyway.

Since we're talking about Perry and Aria, let's talk about them as an entity-- they make an awesome couple. Their chemistry together is intense. I loved their love story-- they didn't fall into any kind of insta-love, or even insta-lust. Everything happened in it's own sweet time, and that makes me so proud! My only issue with them is the kind of love/hate thing they have going on. In the beginning it was cute, but now I'm hoping that they'll get over it. Ah, well, I can't have everything, now can I?

Speaking of everything, this really did have it all-- there was plot! I'm talking true blue, awesome crew type plot. There was never a dull point in the book, nor did I ever feel like there was an empty lull. It all just came together perfectly, and I couldn't have been happier at the ending-- or more anxious for the next book!

All in all, I really recommend Under the Never Sky, even if it's not your usual genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment