March 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #10


The Symptoms of My Insanity
Title: The Symptoms of My Insanity
Author: Mindy Raf
Series: N/A
Publisher: Dial Books
Publication Date: April 18, 2013
Goodreads||The Book Depository
A laugh-out-loud, bittersweet debut full of wit, wisdom, heart, and a hilarious, unforgettable heroine.

When you’re a hypochondriac, there are a million different things that could be wrong with you, but for Izzy, focusing on what could be wrong might be keeping her from dealing with what’s really wrong.

I almost raised my hand, but what would I say? “Mr. Bayer, may I please be excused? I’m not totally positive, but I think I might have cancer.” No way. Then everyone at school would know, and they would treat me differently, and I would be known as “Izzy, that poor girl who diagnosed herself with breast cancer during biology.”

But Izzy’s sense of humor can only get her so far when suddenly her best friend appears to have undergone a personality transplant, her mother’s health takes a turn for the worse, and her beautiful maybe-boyfriend is going all hot and cold. Izzy thinks she’s preparing for the worst-case scenario, but when the worst-case scenario actually hits, it’s a different story altogether—and there’s no tidy list of symptoms to help her through the insanity.
LOOK AT THAT COVER. And that synopsis? Brilliant. It tells me that not only is this book going to be unique, it's also going to be funny. And I ADORE books with humor-- they'll get me every time.

11 comments:

  1. I love this cover-so eye-catching! I definitely want to check out this funny story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like a huge jerk, but your comment was in my spam! I'm really sorry, girly! Yes, I love this cover-- it's gorgeous and weird! :D I hope that you get a chance to read it. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh I've never heard of this one before. It sounds really good though! And that cover is awesome.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Yay! Well now you have, girly! :D I absolutely love the cover, it's so unique! (:

      Delete
  3. THis is on my wishlist too.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad that I'm not the only one waiting for this! (: Thanks, Brandi! =]

      Delete
  4. I recognized the title, this is a different cover from what I usually see though. This sounds really good, I am also looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I just like this cover better. I think it may have been chucked. :( Which sucks, but I can deal. I hope that you get to read it soon! (:

      Delete
  5. Whoa-whoa-whoa.... ANOTHER blog template change? You're changing templates faster than I read books!
    And Who made that header by-the-way? Looks good!
    In terms of what I'm waiting on, I'm waiting for ICONS by Margret Stohl. (The author of beautiful creatures~!)It's about ALIENS. ALIENS! *grins widely*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, almost forgot- I'll update your banner :)

      Delete
    2. Yes. I do go through designs fast-- I'm really not sure why! I made it, and thank you! (:

      Oooh, I've heard of that! I'm not sure that it's really for me, but I hope that you get to read it soon and that it's as awesome as you'd hoped! Aliens are cool! ;) Oh, and thank you again! (:

      Delete