March 14, 2012

Lia's Guide to Winning the Lottery by Keren David

Ok. Honesty is the best policy. I hated Lia until halfway through the book. She was selfish, and to be honest, a total brat. Once I've started a book though, it'd take a tsunami to get me to put it down. So I soldiered on. I pat myself on the back for that good choice. Lia grows so much in this book, that she was almost a different person in the end. Not gonna lie, I definitely like the end result ten times better. Jack seems like he'd be a Sweetheart. Really. Shazia though, I bet she'd be one tough chick. Raf was wierd. Seriously. Bordering on creepy. He kind of seemed like a druggie for the first half. Ya know, never looks awake, passed out on bed and won't wake up, that sort of thing. Anywho, the ending was Hilarious.

Here's the Blurb:


Think winning the jackpot will solve all your problems?
Life's hard for Lia. Her mum is a nag, her sister a pain and the gorgeous but mysterious Raf seems immune to her charms. When Lia wins £8 million on the lottery, though, suddenly everything is different.
But will Lia's millions create more problems than they solve?
Firstly, a resentful gang of girls at school set up a 'We Hate Lia Latimer' Facebook group . . . that soon has fans in the thousands. Her friend Shazia can't have anything to do with Lia's new-found fortune, believing gambling to be immoral. The mum of her other best friend, Jack, is threatening to sue Lia for what she believes to be his share of the winnings. Raf's behaviour is getting stranger and stranger, and Lia can't help but wonder whether there's something to the school rumours that he's not . . . well, human.
And when her sister Natalie goes missing, Lia begins to wonder if a millionaire lifestyle is all it's cracked up to be. . .

                 I give this Book Three Stars. I won it on Library Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment