July 23, 2013

Stealing Harper by Molly McAdams

Stealing Harper (Taking Chances, #2)
Stealing Harper by Molly McAdams
Series: Taking Chances, #2
Source: Bought on Amazon
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: May 21, 2013
Chase Grayson has never been interested in having a relationship that lasts longer than it takes for him and his date to get dressed again. But then he stumbles into a gray-eyed girl whose innocence pours off her, and everything changes. From the minute Harper opens her mouth to let him know just how much he disgusts her, he's hooked.

But a princess deserves a Prince Charming who can make her dreams come true. Not a guy who can turn her life into a nightmare.

All good intentions go out the window when Harper starts to fall for the guy Chase has come to view as a brother. He wanted to protect her by keeper her away, but he can't stand to see her with anyone else, and he'll do anything to make her his. But when it comes down to Harper choosing between the two, will Chase have the strength to step back from the girl who has become his whole world if it means she's happy?

Lines will be crossed. Friendships will be put to the test. And hearts will be shattered.
"That's it?" I asked one of my housemates, Derek, as we passed each other in the hall.

Stealing Harper was a big disappointment for me. I was hoping that it would help me to get better insight on Chase, but all it really did was reinforce what  I already knew-- Chase was a jerk. He has his good moments, but most of the time he is what he was in the first book, and that was disappointing as all get out. I was hoping that he had ridiculously deep feelings, but I didn't really get anything from him.

I was hoping to realize that he was better, but he really wasn't. He was still a bit of a flat character, and I didn't really see the love between him and Harper. (AGAIN.)

Honestly, the best part of this was meeting all of Chase's friends from the tattoo parlour. We don't get to see much of them in the first book, so it was a nice change, and I enjoyed knowing that Chase and Brandon had been friends.

The worst part was the deja vu, to tell you the truth. It's literally the same story, with very little to no dialogue change, and very little added. I don't think it helped me at all, or gave me new insight to characters or anything.

Honestly, this just wasn't the book for me. While the first one was alright, this one just annoyed me.

Cover talk: OMG, is that male duck face? How terrible! I'm not a huge fan of the font either, and while I think it's interesting that she's holding the H, no. Just no. I always pictured Chase with more colorful tattoos, so the tribal thing is disappointing, and Harper appears to have bottle red hair. (If this is not the case, please enlighten me.) Also, is it just me or does Chase have no nipples? That's kind of an awkward pose...I am so mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment