March 5, 2012

When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen

It was amazing. Vivid imagery, great characters and a terrific storyline, all from Hellisen's mind. She has created a world so full of magic and danger, that you wish you had been there to see it's creation. Felicita is an amazing character, but her thoughts skip around so much that she might be mistaken for an insane person in our world, but she fits perfectly in hers. I really would have liked to have read a bit in Dash's mind though, to see what his thoughts were like. The plot had so many twists and turns, I could barely keep my head on straight! I wish I had enough imagination to have wrote this. It is one stunning YA debut.

Here's the Blurb:


After seventeen-year-old Felicita’s dearest friend, Ilven, kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then something shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven's death has called out of the sea a dangerous, wild magic. Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg's caste system, and the whole city along with it.  

          
 I give this Book Four Stars. Sage is the Greatest.Visit Her Here.
                     Look at that cover. Isn't it Creepy/Gorgeous?

5 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book it sounds so good and I love the cover, great review, new follower

    www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was such an awesome book,I really recommend that you read it!
    -The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE a book with tons of twists and turns! I love how her thoughts skip around a lot and how you say she might be considered a crazy person in our world but is thought of as completely normal in hers. I totally want to read this book now!

    (I just read your comment and I'm so sorry about the unfollow! My blog feed is constantly losing the people I follow. I tried fixing it the other day and I think I made it worse so that might have been the cause! Anyways, I LOVE your blog so thank you so much for letting me know, I totally would have missed out! :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I just realized I have a reply button! I couldn't find it before, I was just commenting back. Must have changed when I changed my layout.

      -The Book Babe

      Delete
  4. I totally thought I was to blame for your unfollow, so I thought about and I decided to let you know, because I really hoped I hadn't offended you somehow.

    This book was AMAZING. I never expected that. Felicita was an amazing character.

    -The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete