March 1, 2012

Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1) by Josephine Angelini

I love the cover. Honestly. I just wanted to get that off my chest. So. The Book. I really like Hector. I know. He's not one of the main characters. So what? I also like that Lucas is related to Hector, because in Troy he was his brother. Helen has some pretty funny thoughts and is very likeable as a character. So, should you find this in your TBR pile in the future, I hope you pick this first.(Unless of course, you see a better book.)

Here's the Blurb:


How do you defy destiny?


Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.


As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.
        


                           
I give this Book Three Stars.

2 comments:

  1. Starcrossed is not only filled with an epic romance, but there's also a lot of action, which I enjoyed. The demi-gods are always fighting and even flying, so I was at the edge of my seat. Additionally, I thought Angelini did a good job basing the story off of Greek mythology without making it too predicable for readers familiar with them.

    My only issue with the novel is the fact that it felt a little too Twilight-ish. There were many, many similarities plot wise to Twilight and even though I recognized them, I didn't let the similarities bother me as Angelini really made it her own. After all, Starcrossed doesn't include vampires or werewolves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After first being horrified that people stil read my old reviews, I'm glad you commented!

      It was very action filled, the flying was awesome, and I freaking love mythology! Have you read Dreamless yet? It had more mythology in it, and I generally enjoyed it more.

      Twilight-ish. Everything now is slightly Twilight-ish, because they want to be as popular as Stephenie Meyer. And I really, really don't like Twilight. Yay! No vampires or werewolves!

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete