March 6, 2012

The Dark Divine(The Dark Divine #1) by Bree Despain

I Love Grace and Daniel. Daniel's darkness is this insane, extreme thing that he so badly wants to stop, but at the same time to encourage it. Grace seems to be the light side of things, yet at the end you realize that she has plenty of her own darkness too. I really wasn't expecting to like this book, because, Hello? How many of these paranormal books are worth reading these days(Twilight)? I'm sure I've just insulted half of you reading this. Sorry. Can't change my stubborn mind 'bout nothing.

Here's the Blurb:

Grace Divine, daughter of the local pastor, always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared--the night she found her brother Jude collapsed on the porch, covered in his own blood--but she has no idea what a truly monstrous secret that night held.

The memories her family has tried to bury resurface when Daniel returns, three years later, and enrolls in Grace and Jude's high school. Despite promising Jude she'll stay away, Grace cannot deny her attraction to Daniel's shocking artistic abilities, his way of getting her to look at the world from new angles, and the strange, hungry glint in his eyes.

The closer Grace gets to Daniel, the more she jeopardizes her life, as her actions stir resentment in Jude and drive him to embrace the ancient evil Daniel unleashed that horrific night. Grace must discover the truth behind the boy's dark secret...and the cure that can save the ones she loves. But she may have to lay down the ultimate sacrifice to do it--her soul.


   I give this Book Three Stars. This is the Last from Sage.Visit her Here.

5 comments:

  1. I *still* need to read this one! I love that Daniel was dark and Grace was this brightness. I totally know what you mean about not knowing which paranormal books are going to be worth your while! There's just so many these days you never know which one will be good! Thanks for the awesome review Megan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've read it too! I've heard of it, but I kind of assumed I wouldn't like it. (I'm bad about that.)

    -The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met Bree at a signing with Brodi Ashton and she was so wonderful, I bought her book without a second glance! Now I'm really excited to read it - and your review just peaked my interest! :)

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! That is so exciting! She seems really cool, but I haven't met any authors, you know, like IRL. It's really fantastic! I do like the second book better, though. It's my thing, LOL. Aww, thanks! (:

      Delete
    2. Oh wow! Now I'm really looking forward to it - because if the series gets better and better, I'm so down for that ;)

      Thanks!

      Delete