May 30, 2015

An Open Apology Letter

Hey y'all,

I bet you've all been wondering where I've been, if you've followed me for a long time. If you haven't followed us for a long time, chances are you haven't even met me yet. I've been gone for a long time. I real long time... My last post was in September of last year. And I feel bad about that.

Not only did I let down my co-blogger, whose been singlehandedly running this blog for months (without complaint), I let down you guys. Our readers. I left with out a single word to any of you not even a "sayonara, buddy, I'll see you soon".

The plan was not to leave forever, or even this long. But my co-blogger and I had agreed that it would be best for me to just take a step back. Smell the daisies, have some free time.

And then it became, well damn I've been gone for six months and still don't have the desire to blog or read.

It became I work 45 hours a week. It became I have a boyfriend that I want to spend all my time with. It became I'm never home. It became way bigger than it was ever intended to be and I'm sorry about that.

I feel like I abandoned you.

All of you.

But I didn't feel the desire to read or the desire to blog and books weren't even making me that happy anymore. But lately...it's been looking up. Just recently I started reading again and this week I just really got the urge to set down and write a post. I wanna blog again.

But I also wanna apologize to every one of you...for not being here, for abandoning you, for kind of losing myself for a little while. These past months have been rough. Being an adult is nothing like you would expect it to be. There are many things I'd like to vent about, but I'll just leave at this : growing up is tough. It takes some getting used to and I'd like to go back to when everything was less complicated, but I can't. All I can do is learn how to handle it.

So, sorry guys. I hope you'll forgive me.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment