March 12, 2015

Who Wore it Better - The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (Vote!)

Who Wore it Better is an original meme I brought with me from Drugs Called Books. In it, instead of discussing fashion or cloths, we discuss book covers from different countries, and who has the best cover. The meme is co-hosted with the lovely Amanda and Stacie from Beautiful Bookish Butterflies and will be featured on her blog every other week, so check her out as well!  

This week we chose the ever popular Mistborn trilogy! I have to admit, I've never really looked at these books, and I have no idea what they're about--but boy, they've got some GREAT covers! This week I actually brought my favorites, so I actually love all of these! It was very hard to number them!


#1: UK - This one kind of took first place immediately. I absolutely adore it. I love the chalk drawing feel to it. I love the splash of color with the blue that makes me think of magic, and fog. Which all is in line of with the synopsis - Ash falls from the sky, fog... Plus, I love how clean this cover is! 

#2: Portuguese -  So, I love the illustration of #3, but I simply adore the colors of this cover. It's so vibrant while still being dark and mysterious. I love the quiet city scene, with the lone girl and her tattered cloak. It could easily be a poster on my wall!

#3: US: Okay, so this is illustration is just so perfect! I love how the girl seems to be almost a part of the background. Considering her post and weapons, she feels like an assassin, a warrior, a silent attacker, so that fits. She looks so fierce, and the drawing is just so beautiful. How can you not love this cover?!

#4: Dutch- Drawing wise, I like it less than the first three (though, that's mostly because of the face. I really don't like the face, and faces are kind of a big deal to me in drawn covers). But you can't deny the captivating swirl of the cloak's tatters, the danger, the way she's part of the rock... The darkness, and slight glow... yep. It's still super pretty, and very easy on the eye.

#5: US 2 -Okay, so, confession: I think this cover is really pretty, but it's the reason I haven't picked up the book. I mean, the drawing is real pretty. But I really don't like the colors. I feel like they swallow the girl, and not in a good way (like coer #3, or #4. There, it feels like she's deliberately part of the background. Here... swallowed is the key word). It's just not a cover that compels me to look at it for long.

#6: Romanian - I actually surprisingly like this cover. I like how it's the only one that doesn't have a face on it; but a mysterious hooded figure, that seems to be part of the fog. However, the typography (or whatever that is) is really bad in my opinion. It just doesn't really blend with the cover and takes over it completely, covering the picture like that. Plus, what's with that pink square on the side?...


Vote

Vote For Your Favorite "The Final Empire" Cover!

UK
Portuguese
US
Dutch
US #2
Romanian
Poll Maker
Nitzan


No comments:

Post a Comment