December 31, 2014

Tag, You're It!

 Hi guys! Get ready for a tagtastic post with not one, but two tags! I was tagged to both a long time ago, and I do have valid excuses for their lateness, but I figured enough talk and more tagging, so let's begin!

No one tagged should feel obligated to do the tag if you don't want to! 
First, I was tagged by Amanda @ The Book Badger to do the Book Shelf Tag

Book Shelf Tag

1. Is there a book that you really want to read but haven't because you know it'll make you cry?

Hmm... not really. There are books I really want to read but don't because I'm effing scared of them, but none because they'll make me cry. I tend to shy away from ugly-cry-books, so I end up getting into those without even knowing it. Plus, I don't mind crying in books - as long as there's a HEA at the end! (and, okay, even if there isn't. But I get mighty depressed afterwards...)


2. Pick one book that helped introduce you to a new genre
Well, to be honest I'm kind of a creature of habits, and to prove it - there's only one book that comes to mind with this question. It's the book that made me look differently on contemporaries, after years of being really anti about them.
Since childhood, I was of the opinion that "there's no point in reading about Real Life because I effing live in it and its sucks. There's no magic in real life!" Well, turns out, there is magic in real life. I often find it, unsurprisingly, in the form of love and romance, and this book founded my love for this type of "magic".
Oh, wait, I forgot to say which book it is! Silly me. It's My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.

3. Find a book that you want to re-read
OMG, just one? Dude, I'm a re-reader. I re-read a lot. Just last month (November) I re-read four books. Just 'cause I felt like it.
But if you're asking which books are at the top of my To Re-Read List right at this very moment... Cinder, Harry Potter (but HP is always on that list...), On the Island, Percy Jackson... Do I need to name some more? Because I certainly can.


4. Is these a book series you read but wish you hadn't?
Umm.... not... really? I mean, there are some firsts in series I read and wish I hadn't, because oh my god they made me want to hurt something, preferably the heroine, but I tend to stop with really awful series after the first. I certainly never finish them. What would be the point in subjecting myself to such torture?

5. If your house was burning down and all your family and pets were safe, which book would you go back in a save?
I can't believe you just asked me this questions. Who does that?! That's like asking which child I would save! Have you no mercy?
I refuse to answer this. On principle.

6. Is there one book on your shelf that brings back fond memories?
Lolz, all of them? You'll have to be a bit more specific with your questions. Every book that I love bring back fond memories of... well, reading it. If you mean memories from my life related to the book, Harry Potter is front center because that series is so integral to my childhood its practically my childhood itself.

7. Find a book that has inspired you the most
Inspired me? Well at long last - an easy one! Harry Potter. Yes, I know, quite the standard response, but HP inspired me to write. Inspired me to read. Inspired me to be a better person. Inspired me to live, when I was going through middle school and spending my time being mostly miserable. HP - I love you ❤
 
8. Do you have any autographed books?
Ohh, yes! Pretty much my most prized possessions; and they were all extremely hard to get, what with me living in Israel. And most of them are not personalized, unfortunately.
Let's see if I can list them all: The Edge of Never and Killing Sarai (J.A Redmerski is an amazing person, sending me personalized copies! ❤), Black Dawn, Redesigned (another awesome author!), More Than Jamie Baker (personalized & she may be the queen of awesome!), Red Hill, Losing Hope, How Zoe Made Her Dreams (mostly) Come True, Blue Lily, Lily Blue, Lola and the Boy Next Door... I think that's it.

9. Find the book that you've owned the longest
Excluding my baby books, that would be my Hebrew versions of the first six books of Harry Potter, which are now in my younger brother's room in the false hope he will be tempted to read them. 

9. Is there a book by an author that you've never imagined you'd read and enjoy?
Before a few months ago, I would have said there isn't - I never read a book I assume I won't enjoy (call it a character flaw). But then I read Bared to You by Sylvia Day. I thought I wouldn't like this book because it's been said in the same sentence as 50 Shades of Grey so often, and I couldn't get past the first page of that book. But I was pleasantly surprised to actually enjoy it!

Tagging...

I'm warning: I am too lazy to check whether you guys already did this, so you might've. 

Faye/Rashika/Aimme @ The Social Potato
Gillian @ Writer's of Wrongs
Stephanie @ Bookfever

The Book Gif Tag

I was tagged by Stephanie @ bookfever to do the Book Gif tag (a tag I would love to do again and again with different lists! Maybe I should make it a thing? Anywhos, feel free to tag me to it again!)

Basically, you get ten book names, and you have to sum them/your feeling toward them in a gif. So... here goes nothing.
1. The Emperor's Conspiracy by Michelle Diener

2. Torrent by Gemma James

3. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
If I read you in my childhood, I think I would've loved you. But I didn't, and now it's too late. I can't enjoy you anymore!

4. Gone by Michael Grant

It's cool like that ;) You should totes read it!

5. Blood Vine by Amber Belldene

6. Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott

7. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
Yep, I am super scared to read these books! But I will, once the whole series is finished. I'm not torturing myself through deaths of favorite characters just to be stuck on a cliffhanger for years!

8. Murder on Olympus by Robert B. Warren

9. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo


So excited to read this book, which hopefully will happen soon!

10. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Maybe I'll read this, maybe not.

So... this is awkward. I actually haven't read all but two of these books *feels ashamed*. Feel free to tag me again in hopes the next list will be a bit more interesting and I would've read most of them ;)

I'm tagging 

I'm warning: I am too lazy to check whether you guys already did this, so you might've...

Christina @ Christina Reads YA
Ashley @ Noze Graze

My list of books to you:
1. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
3. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
5. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
7. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
8. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stifvater
9. Ruby Red by Kerstin Geir
10. Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram

I would actually love to make this a thing - so tell me about cool tags. I don't think I have to be tagged to do them, so long as I tag others at the end, so don't be shy about it! 
   Nitzan

No comments:

Post a Comment