May 27, 2013

Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg

Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality
Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg
Series: N/A
Source: Won
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication Date: March 1, 2013
A hilarious new novel from Elizabeth Eulberg about taking the wall out of the wallflower so she can bloom.

Don't mess with a girl with a great personality!

Everybody loves Lexi. She's popular, smart, funny...but she's never been one of those girls, the pretty ones who get all the attention from guys. And on top of that, her seven-year-old sister, Mackenzie, is a terror in a tiara, and part of a pageant scene where she gets praised for her beauty (with the help of fake hair and tons of makeup).

Lexi's sick of it. She's sick of being the girl who hears about kisses instead of getting them. She's sick of being ignored by her longtime crush, Logan. She's sick of being taken for granted by her pageant-obsessed mom. And she's sick of having all her family's money wasted on a phony pursuit of perfection.

The time has come for Lexi to step out from the sidelines. Girls without great personalities aren't going to know what hit them. Because Lexi's going to play the beauty game - and she's in it to win it.

four hearts
Applying butt glue to my sister's backside is, without question, not the first way I'd choose to spend a weekend.

Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality delivers exactly what the title says; we get revenge and a girl with a great personality. Make that an awesome personality, because I loved Lexi so much! She was so snarky and sweet and innocent, and she was just so funny! I wish I had half the sense of humor that this girl does!

Not only was she funny, she was so three dimensional and such a fan character to read about! She has some strange worries for sure, with her little sister being such a drama queen....at seven. I really have to applaud Mackenzie as a character-- I could see how she could be so nasty, but she's just a little girl. I mean, I get super grumpy when people prod at me too!

It's no excuse, but she's just a kid-- and we see phenomenal character from her and Lexi. I think that they truly learned from their mistakes, and I don't think they'll be repeating them. I love when characters have growth like that!

I also liked the family dynamic-- it wasn't functional by any means, but it gave us such insight into Lexi. Her mother is so terrible. I think that I would have strangled the woman long before she had so much control over my life. o.O

She made a really good villain.

Moving on, before I start ranting. I loved all of the secondary characters. Logan, Taylor, Benny and Cam all just made my day. They were each fairly good friends to Lexi, and I was constantly rooting for all of them. I was so proud when Benny talked to Chris, and when Lexi went out on a date...and I was especially proud of Cam for being such a good friend!

All in all, Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality was a fantastically unique read with awesome characters.
Meg's Signature
I know some people settle for something that they wanted (or thought they wanted) but I'm not that kind of person. I know I deserve better than that. ~Pg. 259

No comments:

Post a Comment