May 23, 2013

What I think about *Book Hauls*

To be honest, I'm a HUGE fan of book hauls. I love seeing what all my blogger buddies (and idols!) got in their mailboxes. I love drooling over them, and even though sometimes I get crazy jealous and wish I had that book, I still love them.

But I've noticed lately that a bunch of people don't. They think it's "gloating" or "bragging", and I disagree. It's just a way of sharing your excitement over books that you got! That's all I think it is. Sometimes, maybe we're gloating. That's usually not how it goes, though. Usually it's just GENUINE excitement.

Recently I've quit doing them because I got a little flack about it, and because it just doesn't fit into my schedule anymore. I just don't have the time to take pictures of my books, and then link them all up on goodreads. I just can't, and I LURVE surprising y'all with what I'm reading! It's so nice to be able to just put my books up on the shelf when I get them. Those are my reasons for quitting the book hauls-- lack of time.

Sometimes I miss doing it, but I'm mostly at peace with my decision. I'm just curious as to why some people don't like them, though. I'd love some opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment