October 8, 2015

Whispered Visions by Tammy Blackwell

Whispered Visions by Tammy Blackwell
Series: Shifters & Seers #3
Source: Kindle version
Publisher: Indie
Publication Date: September 8th 2015
Age Genre: Young Adult
Where do you go when there is nowhere left to run?

For years the Society for Human Preservation has been waging a quiet war against the Shifters & Seers of the world, and now they've taken two of the Alpha Pack's own.

With the ability to See inside a person's mind, Lizzie Anders is one of the most powerful Seers in the world, but all that power comes with the responsibility of protecting herself and others from what she can do. And now, after years of suppressing her Sight, the SHP is intent on tearing down the walls she's carefully constructed to further their cause.

Layne Hagan is the boy no one wanted. Abandoned by his mother when he was a baby and orphaned by his father in Scout's battle to become Alpha Female, he was handed off by his grandparents to live with Charlie and the rest of the Alpha Pack. He's never had a place or purpose... until now.

With no one left to rely on but each other, Lizzie and Layne must learn to put their past behind them and learn to trust each other - and their hearts - again.
   
Before I start this review, I have to tell you that it's impossible to express how sad I am that this series is over. I love this world. I love the characters. I love everything about it and NOW IT'S OVER *sob*

Whispered Visions starts off where Infinite Harmony ended, with Layne and Lizzie being kidnapped by the insane group called Society for Human Preservation. The two are imprisoned alongside a mother and her daughter and forced to work for SHP while they think of an escape plan.

I've been shipping Lizzie and Layne for a while now, and have been so excited for their story! I can't say I was disappointed, though I was definitely surprised. This book was very far from what I thought it will be.

First of all, it's hella dark. There are some really gory parts here--it's bloodier than I'm used to seeing in this world. The madness is... really scary. Specifically as it comes in the form of a young man who is willing to cut a finger off a two year old in order to drive his point home.

Oh, sorry, did I just send a chill down your spine? didn't mean to.

Aside for that, I was expecting some sweet, funny, hate-to-love type of romance.

It's not sweet and funny. Does Lizzie and Layne's sarcasm positively killed me sometimes? yep. But the romance itself is not sweet and funny at all. It's very complicated, it's very deep, and it's intense as heck. 

Which might be due to the fact this is not hate to love at all. This is pretend-hate to okay-I've-been-in-love-with-you-for-years-I'm-sorry-alright?! Layne and Lizze have been in love for ages, they've just being hiding it from one another for... reasons. 

And can we just take a moment to be mad at everyone for treating Layne the way they do??? The guy is so sweet and loyal and he is everything. Look underneath his really sarcastic cares-about-nothing facade, please!

If Lizzie can do it--so can his family! I mean, have you seen the way he is around Caro? Have you noticed the way he protects everyone around him??? STOP BULLYING LAYNE! 

Now let's talk Caroline. Has there ever been a cuter three year old? Everybody are wrapped around this little precious cinnamon roll's finger, but can you really blame them? Can you?? I'd be at her feet if I were in their shoes as well. 

I really hope we're going to see more of this world - preferably in the form of Angel's story, and maybe a couple of short stories about the futures of our favorite couples. I would LOVE to see Scout and Liam's children *wink wink*

Nitzan

No comments:

Post a Comment