April 16, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #35



TeaseTease by Amanda Maciel
Series: N/A
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: April 29, 2014
Emma Putnam is dead, and it's all Sara Wharton's fault.

At least, that's what everyone seems to think. Sara, along with her best friend and three other classmates, has been criminally charged for the bullying and harassment that led to Emma's shocking suicide. Now Sara is the one who's ostracized, already guilty according to her peers, the community, and the media.

During the summer before her senior year, in between meetings with lawyers and a court-recommended therapist, Sara is forced to reflect on the events that brought her to this moment—and ultimately consider her role in an undeniable tragedy. And she'll have to find a way to move forward, even when it feels like her own life is over.

In this powerful debut novel inspired by real-life events, Amanda Maciel weaves a narrative of high school life as complex and heartbreaking as it is familiar: a story of everyday jealousies and resentments, misunderstandings and desires. Tease is a thought-provoking must-read that will haunt readers long after the last page.
THIS. I want this - because I want to get into Sara's mind, and I want to find out why she did. And even more than that, I want to get into Emma's mind. I want to know why she decided she couldn't take it anymore. But mostly, I want to know how Sara feels.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like an intense book. I'm not sure if it's anything for me, but I bet it's going to be good. And also really like that cover. =)


    my WOW!


    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I started this one, but then put it aside, just wasn't in the mood for it. But it was very interesting what I did read and definitely a different take on bullying. Hope you love it when you get to read it!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how you like it once you get it! I....wasn't a fan. But I'm always curious to see how others feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Closet LibraryApril 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM

    I have a hold on this one at the library. I have heard that this book teaches some great lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool! Do I have the wrong publication date up? O.O It looks like it probably teaches great lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, it could be a while, but I definitely can't wait! Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear that. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Aww, I hope that you get back in the mood for it. I'm a mood reader too. :) I hope I love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does, doesn't it? And yeah, I love the cover too! It's perfectly simplistic. :)

    ReplyDelete