February 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #6


Thousand Words
Title: Thousand Words
Author: Jennifer Brown
Series: N/A
Publisher: Little, Brown
Publication Date: May 21, 2013
Goodreads||The Book Depository
Ashleigh's boyfriend, Kaleb, is about to leave for college, and Ashleigh is worried that he'll forget about her while he's away. So at a legendary end-of-summer pool party, Ashleigh's friends suggest she text him a picture of herself -- sans swimsuit -- to take with him. Before she can talk herself out of it, Ashleigh strides off to the bathroom, snaps a photo in the full-length mirror, and hits "send."

But when Kaleb and Ashleigh go through a bad breakup, Kaleb takes revenge by forwarding the text to his baseball team. Soon the photo has gone viral, attracting the attention of the school board, the local police, and the media. As her friends and family try to distance themselves from the scandal, Ashleigh feels completely alone -- until she meets Mack while serving her court-ordered community service. Not only does Mack offer a fresh chance at friendship, but he's the one person in town who received the text of Ashleigh's photo -- and didn't look.

Acclaimed author Jennifer Brown brings readers a gripping novel about honesty and betrayal, redemption and friendship, attraction and integrity, as Ashleigh finds that while a picture may be worth a thousand words . . . it doesn't always tell the whole story.
Oooh. I very much like the sound of this one! And Jennifer Brown is a really good author, so I'm sure that she can pull it off to my satisfaction. Plus it kind of seems like there might be romance involved-- so I'll be one happy girl! Mack sounds like a boy that I'd like to read about. (;

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I think I will be extremely frustrated when she sends it (unless the story starts after) because I know what will happen (and because, hello, do NOT do that!) but this does sound good and I look forward to the romance and the writing style!

    Sunny @ Blue Sky Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I totally know what you mean, but it makes for a good story, right? (; And ouch, that would suck so bad, because...UGH. Gross pervos from high school all know what you look like. *dies of embarrassment* I know! It looks really fabulous! (:

      Delete
  2. I've read one book by Jennifer Brown (Hate List) and really liked her writing. I'm looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't read Hate List yet (shame on me!), but I read Bitter End and I really liked it! (: It looks awesome! :D

      Delete
  3. This is on my TBR as well.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! We think similarly, LOL! :D I hope that I do too! (:

      Delete
  4. I want to read that one too!
    Check out mine: My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! I think that it does too! (: Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to read a book by Jennifer Brown, but I've heard such great things about her writing style. I love the summary of this book, very awesome pick, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her writing style is really fabulous-- I'm gonna try to read all of her books! :D Aww, thanks Katie! (:

      Delete
  7. YES! I want this so bad. I'm really excited about it and I can't wait. I really like the summary! Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE books that I can't wait for! :D Thank you! (:

      Delete