January 30, 2012

Coexist(Keegan's Chronicles #1) by Julia Crane

Sadly, this book is just a mix of ideas from Twilight, and Tiger's Curse. Another thing you should know about me. I loath Twilight. Completely. I love Tiger's Curse though. So, onward, this book is entertaining in it's own right, but I'm vaguely insulted that she thought she could get away with out making her own ideas.
Here's the Blurb:


Sixteen-year-old Keegan is struggling to keep her huge secret from her friends--she's an elf, descended from a long line of elves that live in secrecy alongside humans. In elfin society, mates are predetermined but not allowed to meet until they are eighteen. Against tradition, Keegan's brother Thaddeus told her Rourk's name because his visions warned him she'd need Rourk's protection, especially since Keegan will play a key role in the coming war between the dark and light elves. 


Rourk finds himself drawn to Keegan's side every time she thinks his name. He wants to talk to her but remains in the shadows, silently guarding her every time she mentally beckons him. A twist of fate thrusts the two of them together when Rourk is forced to step up his protection and make his presence known. An ancient prophecy deeply entwines Keegan's family and the future of their society. Somehow they must find a way to thwart fate and win the battle...without losing Keegan. With war brewing, and dark forces aligning, will Keegan and Rourk ever have the life together that they both desire?


                                                I give this Book Three Stars.

3 comments:

  1. The cover was the first thing that brought me to this book. After reading it, the book is just as awesome as the cover. Love the plot and the chemistry between the two main characters. On to the second book of the series! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty, isn't it? I liked it enough, but I haven't moved on to the next book in the series yet. Haha, I hope you like it! :D

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading this book. It is new to me because I haven't read any elves stories before and this definitely was a great book to start with.

    ReplyDelete