August 28, 2012

The Lost Saint(The Dark Divine #2) by Bree Despain


The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2) 
A family destroyed. A love threatened. An enemy returns.

Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process.

Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the two grow closer, Grace's relationship with Daniel is put in danger - in more ways than one.

Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her - not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung.

Buy From The Book Depository <-- and support future giveaways on this site!

My Thoughts/Review:

I put off reading this book for so long, because the first book got a mediocre three star rating, and I was afraid that this one would be the exact same way. Yes, I continue to read series with mediocre beginnings.

I absolutely loved the character development of Grace, because in the first book, she was a little bit of a sniveling little girl, and I felt that she really needed everything that happened to her. It made her who she is now, and right now, Grace is pretty freaking awesome. She's fought the curse, and she never really lost who she really was. She is exactly who she needs to be.

I wish Daniel would've gotten more development in this book, because he was honestly M.I.A. throughout most of the book, and it left me wondering, why? Why was he never around? Why did the author decide to push out of the picture for almost the entire thing? Don't get me wrong, he showed up periodically, but now the story is mostly Grace's, and not really his.

I thought that Talbot was a very nice touch, because he could swoop in and save Grace whenever she was in over her head, but he also carried quite an aura of danger around with him. You'll get what I mean when you read the book.

The plot was terrific! I'm so proud of the author! It was fast moving, and it had lots of twists and turns, so I was always entertained, and I never really had a moment where I was sitting in silence, wondering what just happened. Always a plus, if you ask me.

Overall, The Lost Saint blew The Dark Divine right out of the water, and I'm so glad that I finally picked it up. Do you think I can get The Savage Grace in paperback yet?
♠♠♠♠
Favorite Quote:
It gives you a sense of power--the ability to end somethings existence, to snuff something out with your own hands. And that sense of power becomes pride, if you leave it unchecked. Soon you start thinking you're better than everyone else. Superior. Or maybe it just makes you feel angry that you can't do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment