January 26, 2012

To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker


A tale of Adventure and Romance on the High seas. A good and light Read that you will plow through within just a few hours, and remember even if it's just because of the sappy ending. (I know we're all saps, at Heart). Just so I can prove this to you, read it. Then you'll get it.
Here's the Blurb:

Once caught, it’s harder still to let a pirate go....

When Annalisa Townsend’s ship is set upon by pirates in search of her father’s treasure, one of the crew, James Sterling, discovers her in the hold. When he moves to take her necklace, she begs him not to, as it is all she has left of her mother. He accepts a kiss in exchange for the necklace. “A fair trade, m’lady,” he tells her afterward, before disappearing.

A year later, with a forged letter of marque, Annalisa is intent on hunting down the wretched James Sterling and reclaiming her father’s treasure from him. But now she’s in danger of him stealing something far more vulnerable this time: her heart.
                                  I give this Book Three Stars.
“He wouldn’t charm her. She’d almost forgot what his kiss tasted like., felt like. She only remembered it when she drifted into dreams. Then it became so vivid, so real. To her mortification, she always felt a little thrill. Her life had been filled with gentlemen of the finest quality. James Sterling was like none of them, he was unpolished. A diamond in the rough. A scoundrel. A pirate.”

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I loved this one! 3 star material, but I just enjoyed it so much. It gave me major butterflies! James Sterling...the man who was not a gentleman, the man who stole a peek at her ankles...I just loved him. haha ;)

    Love the review, darling!

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm totally gaga for James Sterling! And I totally love that part, LOL. Where he's all peeking at her ankles, then the reader's all like, "Dude. It's ankles. How can ANKLES be attractive. I mean, I've seen some UNattractive ankles, but attractive ones? Hmm." LOL. I love him, LOL.

      Thank you! <3

      Delete
    2. LOL just the fact that it was so NAUGHTY for him to be peeking at her ankles was HILARIOUS! I loved it!! Their kisses were the best ;)

      Delete
    3. LOL. I know, right? I about died of laughter. Their kisses were the best! I especially love the first one, LOL. <3

      Delete