January 28, 2012

Sophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine

A beautiful book written by an author who truly has a talent. I. Love. It. I want more. Possibly a lot more. This book is on the same level as The Vincent Boys. Almost higher. I feel the need to rave about this one more.
I'm not even speaking in full sentences. My ONLY problem with this book was that it was too short. I could have easily read 400 pages of this. This author is going on my reading in the Future list. Reading this should be mandatory.
Here's the Blurb:

While other high school seniors are dreaming about their futures, Sophie and Carter are just trying to make it through each day. Carter is overwhelmed by issues at home as he struggles to support his mother. Meanwhile, next door neighbor Sophie is left to care for her three younger siblings in place of their absent and troubled mother. All that holds these two best friends together is each other, and knowing that each night they'll sit together on Sophie's front porch swing and escape from reality, if just for awhile. But as their relationship reaches a turning point and high school graduation nears, will their friendship become something more?


                             I give this book Four Stars. Amazing, my friend, Amazing.
“But there are some kinds of love that you can’t lose, no matter how hard you try. So there’s no need for him to be afraid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment