January 26, 2012

Halflings (Halflings #1) by Heather Burch


The cover of this book reminds me of Wildwing. The writing, however, does not. This I tell you is a Very Good Thing. It was Brilliant. Let me tell you something though. I have never been a big fan of that "If you love someone, you will let them go." I'm more of a fan of "If you love someone You Will Never Let Them Go." So books like this don't usually resonate with me, but let me tell you, this one did. I feel like I finally get that outlook on life. So, Thank You, Miss Heather Burch. I look forward to reading more in this series.
 Here's the Blurb:

After being inexplicably targeted by an evil intent on harming her at any cost, seventeen-year-old Nikki finds herself under the watchful guardianship of three mysterious young men who call themselves halflings. Sworn to defend her, misfits Mace, Raven, and Vine battle to keep Nikki safe while hiding their deepest secret—and the wings that come with.


A growing attraction between Nikki and two of her protectors presents a whole other danger. While she risks a broken heart, Mace and Raven could lose everything, including their souls. As the mysteries behind the boys’ powers, as well as her role in a scientist’s dark plan, unfold, Nikki is faced with choices that will affect the future of an entire race of heavenly beings, as well as the precarious equilibrium of the earthly world.
                                       
                  I give this book Four Stars. I received this Book via NetGalley.
"The Dragon is whatever Terrifies You. It's whatever Your Scared of."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan,
    Thanks for posting a review for Halflings!
    I wanted to invite you to The Halflings Network: a place where fans can talk about the book, chat with author Heather Burch, enter giveaways, and get updates on the next book in the series. We also have a free illustrated eBook prequel that I think you'd really enjoy. Feel free to check it out at Halflings.ning.com.

    Thanks again for your great review, we really appreciate it!

    Grant
    Zondervan

    ReplyDelete